Will Kessen – $3,000
Salma Blair – $1,500
Summerfest Scholarship Celebrating Student-Volunteers
Olivia Reed –
Katelyn Cuneo –
Paige Hughie –
Brendan Sample –
Trent Kelln – UNLV
Sydney Shead – Santa Clara University
Lauren Posey – UCLA – Civil Engineering
Taylor Ward – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – Kinesiology
Ajuney Hora – Folsom Lake College
Travis Abshire – UC Irvine
Grace Hepworth – California State University Chico
Laura Kalmanson – San Diego State University
Ajuney Hora – UC Berkeley
Aubrey Howell – New York University
As a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community and staffed entirely with volunteers, SUMMERFEST is proud to offer scholarships to graduating seniors, college freshman entering their sophomore year, or junior college students transferring to a 4-year college or trade school who recognize the importance of volunteering and serving in their community.
Each year Summerfest awards two scholarships to acknowledge students who exemplify what it means to volunteer and serve within their community. Eligible students may use the awarded scholarship for their full-time attendance at a 4-year college or university, junior college, or trade school. Applicants are required to write a 1000 word essay describing how volunteerism has made an impact on their community and how their own experiences volunteering and serving their community has influenced how they view the world. Letters of recommendation are also required.
2023 Scholarship Information
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Click Here to Download Summerfest 2023 Scholarship Application
2023 high school (or equivalent) graduates with a strong history of volunteerism are encouraged to apply for one $3,000.00 and one $1,500.00 scholarships.
Applicants must be permanent residents of the local community.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Official school transcripts (sealed)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your community service involvement
- Proof of residency of one year (SMUD, RMA bill)
- Completed Application
- THREE (3) copies of
essaysubmitted with your name on each page.
- Must be double-spaced with a font size of 12 points, 1000 words maximum.
- Essay Topic: (Incorporate answers to all questions listed below)
- How has your volunteerism affected you? How has your volunteerism affected your community?
- THREE (3) copies of
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Full-time students entering the first year of college
- Full-time college students already attending a 4-year college or trade school who will be a sophomore in the fall
- Transfer students currently attending a junior college full time, but planning to enroll full time in a 4-year college or trade school in the fall.
- Formers winners are not eligible.
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS AND ELIGIBILITY
Amount of Scholarship: One $3,000.00 and one $1,500.00
Area of eligibility for scholarship: Zip code 95683 Rancho Murieta/Sloughhouse
The Summerfest Committee will notify successful applicants, specifying the terms of the award. Recipients shall sign and return one copy of the award notice, acknowledging the terms and certifying that the funds will be used only for educational expenses. They will also advise which institution they plan to attend and provide the address for the Financial Aid Office of the eligible institution of attendance. Scholarship checks will be presented upon verification of registration as full time student, as defined by the institution. Students must be enrolled and attend an eligible institution within one academic year following granting of the award, or the award will be forfeited. Refunds resulting from a student’s failure to complete a full study period (one semester) shall be returned to the scholarship fund.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, applicants:
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be a permanent resident of the local community (a permanent resident is defined as having lived in the 95683 area code
- Minimum of one year upon the date of the application for scholarship)
- Applicants cannot be a family member of any Board or Committee
- Applications must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2023
Mail application, letters of recommendation, essay, transcripts, and proof of residency to:
Rancho Murieta Summerfest Scholarship 2023
PO Box 642
Rancho Murieta, CA 95683
Download the application and information here: Summerfest-Scholarship-2023