Trent Kelln – UNLV
Sydney Shead – Santa Clara University
Summerfest Scholarship Celebrating Student-Volunteers
Lauren Posey – UCLA – Civil Engineering
Taylor Ward – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – Kinesiology
Ajuney Hora – Folsom Lake College
Travis Abshire – UC Irvine
Grace Hepworth – California State University Chico
Laura Kalmanson – San Diego State University
Ajuney Hora – UC Berkeley
Aubrey Howell – New York University
As a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community and staffed entirely with volunteers, SUMMERFEST is proud to offer scholarships to graduating seniors, college freshman entering their sophomore year, or junior college students transferring to a 4-year college or trade school who recognize the importance of volunteering and serving in their community.
Each year Summerfest awards up to three (3) scholarships to acknowledge students who exemplify what it means to volunteer and serve within their community. Eligible students may use the awarded scholarship for their full-time attendance at a 4-year college or university, junior college, or trade school. Applicants are required to write a 1000 word essay describing how volunteerism has made an impact on their community and how their own experiences volunteering and serving their community has influenced how they view the world. Letters of recommendation are also required.
2018 Scholarship Information
Click Here to Download Summerfest 2018 Scholarship Application
2018 high school (or equivalent) graduates with a strong history of volunteerism are encouraged to apply for one of two $1500 scholarships.
Applicants must be permanent residents of the local community.
Apply by June 15, 2018
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Official school transcripts (sealed)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your community service involvement
- Proof of residency of one year (SMUD, RMA bill)
- Completed Application
- THREE (3) copies of
essaysubmitted with your name on each page.
- Must be double-spaced with a font size of 12 points, 1000 words maximum.
- Essay Topic: (Incorporate answers to all questions listed below)
- How has your volunteerism affected you? How has your volunteerism affected your community?
- THREE (3) copies of
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Full-time students entering the first year of college
- Full-time college students already attending a 4-year college or trade school who will be a sophomore in the fall
- Transfer students currently attending a junior college full time, but planning to enroll full time in a 4-year college or trade school in the fall.
- Formers winners are not eligible.
Mail completed application, 3 copies of the essay, copies of recommendation letters and other requested information to
PO Box 642
Rancho Murieta, CA 95683
Download application and information here: Summerfest-Scholarship-2018